Skip Navigation


How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?

To obtain a copy of a vehicle collision report you may access the report online with information given to you at the scene of the collision by the officer. The cost of an online report is $10, or you may come by the police department Monday thru Friday 7:30 to 4:00, and obtain a copy at a cost of $5. For more information, call 270-360-0207. You may follow the link below to access the online purchase of your report.

How do I file a police report?

You may call the department at 270-765-4125 and request a police officer respond to your location, or you may stop by the police station at 300 South Mulberry St. If you are outside the state you may request to file your report to an on duty officer by telephone. Always call 911 if your situation is life-threatening.

Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?

If you believe you may have a warrant placed against you, you should call the Hardin County Court at 270-766-5041. If you believe you may have a warrant placed against you by a officer of the Elizabethtown Police Department, you should call 270-765-4125.

Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?

The Elizabethtown Police Department does not have a jail. All prisoners are housed at the Hardin County Detention Center located at 100 Lawson Blvd which is south of the intersection of US31W south of WK Parkway. The telephone number is 270-765-4159.

How can I get fingerprinted?

Fingerprinting is done between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Elizabethtown Police Department. You must supply your own card. This is provided at no charge for persons who live in the city limits of Elizabethtown. For persons residing outside of the city limits, the cost is $5.00. For more information, call 270-360-0207.

How do I compliment or complain about a Elizabethtown police officer, department employee, or police service?

You should call the Elizabethtown Police Department 270-765-4125 and ask to speak to the shift supervisor.

How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?

You can find out how much a traffic ticket is by calling Hardin County District Court at 270-766-5041.

If I disagree with an officer's traffic accident report, what can I do?

Officers assess each accident on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors in the accident, but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or consult an attorney.

I have discovered the insurance information on the accident report is not valid. What can I do?

You may file against the other driver for no insurance by going to Hardin County Attorney Office located on the Public Square and completing a complaint form against the other driver. All the information you will need is contained in the accident report.

How can I get a copy of my criminal history?

RECORDS CHECKS must be obtained through the ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS (AOC) located in Frankfort, Kentucky. The AOC office number is 1-800-928-6381. There is a $20.00 fee for this service paid to the Administrative Office of the Courts.  Please follow the link below for the proper forms.

Where can I get information about applying for the Elizabethtown Police Department (sworn and/or civilian positions)?

Contact the Elizabethtown Police Department Personnel Office at 270-360-0207.

What are the requirements to apply for a position as an Elizabethtown Police Officer?

  • 21 years old
  • High School Diploma or GED (home school does not meet this criteria)
  • Never convicted of a Felony
  • Honorable Discharge from any military service
  • Must be a resident of Hardin County within 6 months of hire
  • Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on an individual basis

The City of Elizabethtown accepts applications on a continual basis.

For more employment information, click here.

How can I attend the Citizen's Police Academy?

You can obtain a Citizen's Police Academy application by calling 270-360-0207.

How do I get a permit to block a portion of my street for a special occasion?

Contact Darrell Brangers of the Elizabethtown Police Communications Unit at 270-765-4125 or fax the request to 270-769-1144. All applications must be submitted at least 21 days prior to the event.

Is there a fee for a parade permit and are there any special conditions?

Currently, there is no fee for a parade permit; however, the applicant is responsible for all barricades and requirements placed upon the event if approval is granted. For more information, contact Darrell Brangers of the Elizabethtown Police Communications Unit.

How can I arrange to have a Child Safety Seat Technician assist me in installing my new car seat?

Contact Sergeant Tim Cleary or Officer Virgil Willoughby of the Elizabethtown Police Department Community Relations Office at 270-765-4125.

Who should I contact if I have a complaint against a wrecker service provided by the Elizabethtown Police Department?

Contact Sergeant Danny Kelly of the Elizabethtown Police Department at 270-765-4125. If the call is after hours, leave a message at the same number.

Who should I contact for the status of my hit and run accident report?

Contact the officer that completed the accident report. This will be the investigating officer for the hit and run. They can be reached by contacting the police department at 270-765-4125 and asking for the officer by name or badge number.

How can I get a crime prevention or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?

Call Sergeant Tim Cleary or Officer Virgil Willoughby of the Elizabethtown Police Community Relations Unit at 270-360-0207.

How can someone report speeders on their street or request additional traffic speed monitoring?

You may contact the Elizabethtown Police Department at 270-765-4125.

How do I arrange for the mobile traffic radar sign to be placed in my neighborhood?

Call the Elizabethtown Police Department Community Relations Office at 270-360-0207. Placement is subject to the department being able to locate the sign in a safe location. Length of duration at a particular location is dependant on the number of requests for the sign.

Does the Elizabethtown Police Department have a police reserve program?

The Elizabethtown Police Department does NOT have any type of police reserve program.

How can I get a Elizabethtown Police Department patch?

The department does not send out patches to persons other than law enforcement officers. If you are a law enforcement officer and wish a department patch, submit your request in writing on the letterhead of your agency.